44"square tank what Rays could I keep ? How many ?

VOYTEK

Candiru
MFK Member
Sep 30, 2005
NYC - QUEENS
Hi

I'm a newB when it goes about Rays - I'm thinking of building a tank and got a base for it already - it's a square of 44". How high should a tank for rays be ? I'm assuming they don't need the height so much ( however it wouldn't be bad to go high cuz it would give extra volume - right ? )

Once again please don't mind the easy question =] I'll appreciate any advices / hints - I got time, no rush ( last tank, it took me over a year to build so no rush ;) )

Thanks in advance !

stevenrox

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 11, 2008
I AM LEGEND!
reading this thread i thought about how amazing it would if i had a roof or a floor filled with rays.......

skylineiz

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2008
Australia
stevenrox;3832190; said:
reading this thread i thought about how amazing it would if i had a roof or a floor filled with rays.......

given the water volume required,
that is one roof i would not want to be standing under. lol

But to answer your question *this is my opinion only*

Assuming your planing on keeping motoros/leos
If you MUST use that base as your ray tank,
I would go at least a 4x4x3 to provide adequate water volume, you need to very good filtration.

The reason I said x3 high is because it would provide the same amount of water volume as a 8x3x2 tank. But the problem is it has a smaller base footprint, which is what the rays need (ample swimming footprint)

hope this sheds some light on your question, im sure the other will chime in with some more reasoning.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store