Votes: 10 25.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

fishman646

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 10, 2008
In the fishroom
Ok so heres the deal I have an amazing looking jag as you can tell by the pictures! Someone is willing to trade me a male/female pair of MM straight up! I put a poll so do vote and tell me what you think of both fish! My jag is 13" disk and the female mm is 8inch disk and the male is 10" disk! The female is the first mm pictured.ray2.jpeg

ray3.jpeg
Female MM
femal mm.jpg
MAle MM
male mm.jpg

FishDog

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2008
B.G. KY
You will come out on the upper end of the trade. Castexi are one of my favorite rays but don't carry much value in the ray world. Yours is worth $500 where the 2 marbles would be around $600 in value. With that said, the answer is in your hands. Your jag is rare in the hobby because of it's markings. Wish I could answer for you but two for one is always a good deal.

tiddlywinks

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2009
las vegas
hers the ting the MM have pups you could sell them for $$ and buy another jag?? if they have pups

ShadowStryder

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2007
Nunya
Really it all based on your preference in rays. That Jag is gorgeous and the marbles have potential. Are you into it for monetary gain or do you prefer to keep as pets.

ShadowStryder

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2007
Nunya
fishman646;3833393; said:
I keep all my fish as pets! But i would love to breed some rays in the future!
Same here. That is why I got a pair of Marbles and just picked up a pair of Flowers. The Flowers may never breed for me but I have always been attracted to their patterns.

African_Fever

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 3, 2007
Canada
Another thing I'd consider is the potential to house the jag for life - if you've got the room to keep the jag when it gets to a 30" disc, then it becomes a little more difficult. If you don't seriously think you'll get a larger tank for the jag in the future (sorry, don't know what size tank/pond you have now), then I'd trade for the marbles.

DB junkie

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2007
Iowa
I'd trade 2 Jags for a nice Marble. But I'm a sucker for nice Marbles. Point being its a matter of personal prefrence. If the Jag was only worth $500 they wouldn't be selling for more then that but they do. The ray is only worth what someones willing to pay for it. Just cause you have a pair of MMs doesn't mean you're going to end up with pups. There's still a while before they're even old enough to breed. The nice Jags are rare. For that I would expect them to be worth a decent amount of money. Just got to find the person that feels the same. Just .02 from someone that owns both.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store