10 gallon predator tank

PayaraMan

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 6, 2009
Where Palm Trees Grow
I'm still trying to figure out what to do with my 10 gallon tank and I was thinking about maybe a predator tank. I know there is not much you can do predator wise with a 10g but I will devote the tank to 1 fish if I have to. You guys got any ideas?

Bderick67

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2006
Colorado
Start with Cherry shrimp, add sand and some java moss get these guys breeding and you'll soon have hundreds of them. Once you have an established colony of shrimp you can add some dwarf/pea puffers, they will feed on the shrimp.

Micro monster tank :thumbsup:

PayaraMan

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 6, 2009
Where Palm Trees Grow
Bderick67;3837860; said:
Start with Cherry shrimp, add sand and some java moss get these guys breeding and you'll soon have hundreds of them. Once you have an established colony of shrimp you can add some dwarf/pea puffers, they will feed on the shrimp.

Thanks I'll look into that after I see some other ideas.

fishy12

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2009
ohio
Bderick67;3837860; said:

Inever thgt of that...heck of a idea especially if u provide engh hidin places for ur shrimp so they can maintain a constant food source of them. that wld pwn i wld do that!:)

Bderick67

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2006
Colorado
fishy12;3837901; said:
Inever thgt of that...heck of a idea especially if u provide engh hidin places for ur shrimp so they can maintain a constant food source of them. that wld pwn i wld do that!:)
Ya they can disappear in the java moss pretty good. I estimate that I have 300 plus shrimp in my 10g so once I get the puffer I don't think he will wipe out the shrimp population. There are also a few snails that it could feed on too.

TTTT

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 4, 2009
Cincinnati - The 513
Mosquito fish are cool. See the End All Mini-Monster thread

I'll bump it for you

PayaraMan

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 6, 2009
Where Palm Trees Grow
TTTT;3838126; said:
Mosquito fish are cool. See the End All Mini-Monster thread

I'll bump it for you
Thanks man awesome thread. I think I will go with the Charax Gibbosus for my tank I'll just keep one. I love payara I had a scomberoid but my moray eel killed it ): :headbang2

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store