New! baby bichir's help

GrindeL89

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 11, 2009
St.Catharines
I just bought a two baby bichir's about 3 hours ago, 4" Seng Bichir 4" Ornat bichir. now i am new to world of bichir's:headbang2, i know they are suppose to eat guppies but i wish not to feed them guppies. i bought Nutrafin Max sinking pellets with krill and shrimp meal, i hope this wasnt a waste of money because i bought 210 grams of it. and if i did waste my money what kind of pellets could i buy? if they will even eat pellets. i put two pellets in and nothing i didnt expect anything either because they're new. anyone? pics will be up later. thanks:D

Citrinellus

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 16, 2008
They shouldn't have to eat guppy fry unless thats what they were previously fed. If so you could convert them over to frozen bloodworms, brineshrimp, small earthworms, finely diced fish fillet. Bichirs arn't that hard to get them to take pellets, mine accept massivore really well. Here is a good sticky in the poly section that covers feeding and converting them over to pellets. http://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=159825

West1

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Sep 27, 2007
Dont worry... as long as they are healthy, you can just add what you wantand they will eat it... They are pigs and will eat just about anything you give them... Shrimp, pellets, Pizza Taquitos Lol

They like to eat :)

GrindeL89

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 11, 2009
St.Catharines
thanks citrine & west. hey what kind a fish is that in your avater.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store