Prepare to have your minds blown...

Camshaft Ramrod

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 10, 2008
Orlando, FL
For those of you freshies who aren't very familiar with salt, I thought I'd bring you this amazing creature for your viewing pleasure.

The Red Feather StarFish

[YT]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MoETr8BNWLQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MoETr8BNWLQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YT]

Mods please dont move. please pm me if you have problem. Though technically salt, this thread is meant for freshwater audience.

Zander_The_RBP

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 8, 2009
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
OMG MAN THAT IS GROSS and im not talking about the vid change your display picture NOW!!

now that starfish is awesome

[enjoyable_attempt]

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 19, 2008
Cleveland Ohio
Theres a lfs not to far from me that had one of these. Aquatic Technologies in Columbia Station, Ohio. They are awesome to watch, but a royal pain in the behind to take care of. The owner of the store told me they are extremely sensitive and very hard to keep when I asked him why it wasn't for sale.

chefjamesscott

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 16, 2008
regina saskatchewan canada
that is by far one of the best sw creatures ever

fobrinkle

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 2, 2008
Michigan
Gorgeous

lilfats2

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 13, 2008
Long Island
what do u feed it?

Camshaft Ramrod

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 10, 2008
Orlando, FL
It eats very very small plankton.

And yes they are very hard to take care of. For ever one you see, hundreds probably died for it to get there. They are best kept in the wild and in my opinion shouldn't be in the aquarium trade. I believe they are deepwater also.

They're quite epic

Camshaft Ramrod

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 10, 2008
Orlando, FL
[enjoyable_attempt];3840396; said:
Theres a lfs not to far from me that had one of these. Aquatic Technologies in Columbia Station, Ohio. They are awesome to watch, but a royal pain in the behind to take care of. The owner of the store told me they are extremely sensitive and very hard to keep when I asked him why it wasn't for sale.
How long was it there?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store