How do u catch your fish?

Gr8KarmaSF

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2005
Quarantine Tank
Remove decor, if any, drain tank to a minimum, use BIG net. DONE!

Cakilla

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 2, 2009
Illinois
for me its easy, my oscars will swim right into the net ... I guess tehy are just used to it ... now for my community tank with guppies and all the otehr inhabitants its a pain ...easiest way is get a good sized quality net seems to be the easiest way for me and I also have a peice of glass that I put in at one ned of the tank and slide it coraling the fish into a much smaller space and then net them ... hope this helps

yeroc1982

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 12, 2009
winnipeg
Im tryin to catch 2 small Altolamprologus compressiceps, they are in a tank with my big male GT and i dont want to stress out the GT.

Gr8KarmaSF

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2005
Quarantine Tank
Might help to simply remove the GT in another container while you net out the other fish....

Sab_Fan

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Sep 15, 2008
Delray Beach, FL
most important thing is to remove the decor, if possible . . . as long as the fish have somewhere to hide, it's gonna be a struggle

yeroc1982

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 12, 2009
winnipeg
Ya i guess ill have to take out the driftwood. I dont really want to take out the GT, got no other room or container

Burtess

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 10, 2006
Ontario, Canada
Use 2 nets. One small one so that you can manuver it easily. Chase the fish into the large one with the small one. Fish aren't that smart, they don't seem to be able to keep track of both nets at the same time.

Burt :)

B-Vincent

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 23, 2010
Visalia
If you do not have to catch the fish right away try putting the net in the tank and leaving it there for a few days. Even throw some food in it here and there. That way the fish get use to seeing it and don't run from it at first site. I've done this when having to catch small quick fish.

cichlid fiend

Polypterus
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2008
New Jersey
I use two nets, one big and one small. The small is for going around decor and the big one is for netting!!

Good luck with that!!!!!

Some times it takes seconds, some times it can take a hour!!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store