Motoro pup is here

rED O

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 21, 2007
edmonto alberta
I went to the bathroom at 8 am, checked on my fish and went back to bed till 10. At 8 the female was still preggo. At 10, I turned on the lights and she is skinny and there is 1 pup on the back wall. I have the pup divided in the 500 gallon. The pup has about a third of the tank. He/she seems to be stabilized, moving around a little. I spooked it putting the divider in and it covered himself with the sand. I am off to the lfs to get some bloodworms. Also, I used to have africans so I have tons of mysis. Can I feed this rather then bloodworms? The pup has a nice long tail and looks to be a healthy size. I fed the mother very well while she was pregnant.

Pics later today

skynoch

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2007
edmonton alberta canada
Hey congrats with your first. How big is the yolk sac? They will eat the bloodworms before the mysis. They take a few days before they eat dependin on the pup size and yolk sac size.

rED O

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 21, 2007
edmonto alberta
I don't see a yolk sac. Where is it located? He moved to a new part of the tank and buried himself in the sand again.

CrAzYNeSs

Candiru
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2009
Here.
I believe only premature pups have yolk sacs. Can't want for pictures!

skynoch

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2007
edmonton alberta canada
Looks nice and healthy. It may not have much of a yolk sac but there should have been even a small almost tube where your mature rays have a large black spot on there underside. No biggie if it doesn't it will be ready to eat right away. If you can order some blackworms from riverside life will be easier with the pup.

rED O

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 21, 2007
edmonto alberta
I took the ray out in a transparent container to sex the motoro. Its a female. . I am surprised how active she is. Moving around lots on the bottom,checking out the tank.She likes to swim to the top of the tank :screwy:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store