How to acclimate a ray!!

stacy22

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 9, 2009
indiana
ok i just put an order in 4 a ray an i was wonderin how too get them use too my water an i no u guys are experts thanks!!

TheFishWrestler

Candiru
MFK Member
Sep 23, 2007
--------
dripping them in with an air hose is best. Just let the water keep running until the water the rays are in is the same temp as the tank water

hbluehunter

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 20, 2007
Lynnwood, Wa.
X2 dripping is the best way i've used.

Gr8KarmaSF

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2005
Quarantine Tank
Welcome to rays, please be sure to read all the stickys here! =)

I use the above mentioned methos as well, thou I dont always go be temp matching. I string it out for about an hour depending on the ray and time of transport.

CrAzYNeSs

Candiru
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2009
Here.
You put the ray in a 5G bucket with its original shipping water. Next to you create a siphon from the main tank water using the airline hose. Slowly drip the water from the tank into the bucket.

Sjoeerd

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 25, 2009
Netherlands
www.roggenforum.nl
Stringray's easily get stressed during and after transport.
First make sure the water quality in your tank is oke. Ray's are highly sensitiv for bad water. Make sure your N03 is less then 25 and your N02 0.

Then i would recommand you to first give the ray's some air in the transport box.
Next let water run from your tank to your transport box. (i normally do this with an string for my air-pomp)

When you want the less stress for your ray's, you should turn of your light in your tank.

And import with wildcatch is that you first put them in quarantine, because they could care parasits with them.

Just remember this... when they start eating in your new tank, they will be ok. Motoro's are normally alot easier than Flowerrays.

DSC_7870.JPG

DSC_7874.JPG

Gr8KarmaSF

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2005
Quarantine Tank
Sjoeerd;3846279; said:
Stringray's easily get stressed during and after transport.
First make sure the water quality in your tank is oke. Ray's are highly sensitiv for bad water. Make sure your N03 is less then 25 and your N02 0.
This is why I also do a 50% water change before I add a new ray into the tank...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store