• Science

Votes: 5 5.8%

• Total voters

Matt724

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 19, 2009
SOCAL & ANN ARBOR, MI
I saw an article in one of TFH's old issues from this past year and thought: What are your fish to you? I know they are a little of each for everyone, but in the end why do you keep them and how do you feel about them?

A. My pet - They're like a dog or cat that I LOVE and give a name to and talk to and love being around like they are friend or family.

B. Aesthetics - they along with the tank are part of a work of art that has that 5th edge I've been looking. I have them to look sophisticated.

C. Science - I study their behavior and publish scripts. I don't give them names other than Subject1 and Subject2.

Please be honest, nobody is judging you and all votes are anonymous.

Deep Blue Sea

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 2, 2010
Alameda Ca
a little of both a and c i love them and give them names but i also study them and try to find what they like and what they dislike and try to train them to eat out of my hand because thats the best part about getting a new fish

stevenrox

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 11, 2008
I AM LEGEND!
we cant mark multiples.....i like one and two, they are my pets and i enjoy them and they make me happy and gives my house that finishing "touch".

jclyde13

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 18, 2009
Louisville, KY
Where's the "none of the above" option? I would say A, but to be honest, my fish aren't nearly as important to me as my dogs or cats. If one of my fish died, it wouldn't be too big of a deal, I would just fix whatever went wrong and use it as an excuse to buy a new fish. If one of my cats or dogs died, it would be like losing a best friend or a close family member.

poly-nomial

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 15, 2009
knew jerzay
drgnfrc13;3873511; said:
Where's the "none of the above" option? I would say A, but to be honest, my fish aren't nearly as important to me as my dogs or cats. If one of my fish died, it wouldn't too big of a deal, I would just fix whatever went wrong and use it as an excuse to buy a new fish. If one of my cats or dogs died, it would be like losing a best friend or a close family member.
Well, i get sad when my fish die or whatever but when my dog died i was depressed for a little while lol.

erk419

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2009
Lima, Ohio
nomad;3873557; said:
:irked:......dude, you ain't right :screwy:
Why is he not right? When my fish die it upsets me to there a huge part of my life. When my dog died a couple years ago I cried my eyes out and I'm 30 years old.

Lepisosteus platyrhincus

Polypterus
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2008
In the caiman den
im 1 and 3. i study them and do research. but they are my pride and joys. my gar are the reason i keep fish now days.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store