Marble pricing question...

DB junkie

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2007
Iowa
Just out of curiosity what would all of you suspect pricerange to be on high end Marbles right now? I don't mean just above average but rather some of the nicest in the country? What would you pay and what is just too much? I am just curious where everyone would draw the line of simply being too much for any Marble at this time? And what would you pay for a captive bred pup from the same animal?

DB junkie

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2007
Iowa
Just for the record I'm not selling lol... So don't think that's what this thread is about. Just curious as to others thoughts... Don't hold out now, PLESE share your two cents!!

FishDog

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2008
B.G. KY
I wouldn't pay over a grand for any marble. Getting into that range I would do black rays or pearls. I would say a super nice marble pup would be worth $300-400

aquaman45

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2009
England
Good question DB.
For some reason as soon as the name "MOTORO"is mentioned some people seem to think this devalues a particular animal.Not sure if everyone knows exactly what quality your refering to here but i know you and i do and a few others.For me a top quality Marble shouldnt be too far behind say a Pearl ray or even a nice classic Leo,theres some very nice examples about of late....very nice!
What i do know is a quality captive bred has to be worth that bit extra,for example theres far less if any chance of introducing a disease to the rest of your stock plus how many wild rays have you seen sporting a full tail....not many! if you were buying your favourite car and you found it had a dent in the boot\trunk im sure you would be more than happy to pay that bit extra for a perfect one.
Pearl rays are fetching anything between £400 and £500 in the Uk at present.....but again i would pay more for an incredible specimen.....desirability will always dictate the price to some extent.

omojena

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2008
nj
well u cant tell if is going to be super nice from a pup size. its a gamble. most i would pay for a captive bred pup is $200. a larger ray that has proven to have a really nice pattern i would pay more like $350ish

ShadowStryder

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2007
Nunya
As much as I like Marbles, I wouldn't pay close to a grand. Especially pups, its always a gamble.
Like stated above, if I am gonna spend that kind of cash I would go nice Leo or Henlei.

MN Stingray

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 30, 2008
Minnesota
Not sure where the wilds are coming in with cut tails,but i havent seen too many of them with it.You take a chance with any ray of having a pariste or disease whether its captive bred or wild.
Wild pups 150.00
Captive bred pups i wouldnt pay more than 250.00 {this much only because the captive bred pups show a better color when young}
6"-8" 200.00 to 350.00 depending on pattern
8"+-10" 300.00 to 500.00 depending on pattern
11" and up ,maybe 500.00 to a 1,000.00 at most.I would never pay more than that.
If your going above 1,000 i would hed over to the other black rays.

Remember Marbles are allways available ,someone allways has one some where.

I still think the prices on black rays is still too high.

DB junkie

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2007
Iowa
So even if you can see the parents are stunners, a CB is only worth the same as going rate for a WC? Its no wonder there's no CB Marble breeders! The breeders step up and pay black ray money for adults and the pups are only worth the same as the run of the mill WCs? How can pups from 2 quality parents be a gamble? I'm glad I started this thread! I'm allready being enlightened...

Keep em coming guys!! I'd like to hear everyones opinions!!

Aquaman, it seems us true Marble conesures are truley a VERY rare breed... BUT I know there's a few others out there. Where's Rob? MFSwets? I'd like to hear from some Marble fans!!

FishDog

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2008
B.G. KY
You and I both got top quality pups from jimr at the tune of $250 a piece or atleast that is what I paid. The only way to find the true value of what you have is to try and sell it. MN said it best, marbles are always available. You get hooked up with the right person and you can bring in a dozen of them, pick out the ones you want and sell the rest. Can't afford to do that with black rays.

leevan

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2008
Blackpool,United Kingdom
Hello, Well Im a bit of a marble fan owning 3 pairs but I do love the classic Leopoldis aswell and most other rays, I kept Leo and Henlei way back when prices were far more realistic !! many moons ago.... Like everyone I like to pay the least amount of money possible but quality & incredible pattern demands higher prices but thats the same as sub standard Leo's and super marked Leo's I think !!!!
Lets face it theres some nice rays out there I want them all ha ha
Regards

Lee

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store