dumb lfs...

Status
Not open for further replies.

randomtankmaster

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 12, 2009
staten island, ny
so my red devil tormented all of my other fish and once he attempted to eat my clown knife i decided i had enough and brought him to the lfs. the manager offered me $10 store credit (i was gonna do it for free) so i accepted and looked around. i found a 3 in. absolutely beautifu peacock bass for $40. thats about average for NY, so i figured y not. well the person takes him out of the tank and writes $10 on the bag :grinno: needless to say i took my "$10" fish as fast as possible lol. they also had a motorolo in there for $150, if only i would have known how ignorant the chick their really was...

HPIZZLE

Polypterus
MFK Member
Nov 20, 2007
sweet bro!!!!
ive had dumbasses work to my advantage too.
i once was able to walk outta the store with a motoro stingray i paid bout 25$ for.

Citrinellus

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 16, 2008
Nice score, go buy another fish from a random store and sell it for store credit at the store with the motoro and find that girl again. :D

randomtankmaster

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 12, 2009
staten island, ny
hahaha i know i have a striped raphael i dont really want...

fishy12

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2009
ohio
Thats not rlly somethin to brag about...U shlda told the truth

HPIZZLE

Polypterus
MFK Member
Nov 20, 2007
fishy12;3885526; said:
Thats not rlly somethin to brag about...U shlda told the truth
FALSE
if the artard workin there was stupid enough to let us walk out with crap like that its HER fault and she should be fired. i guess he coulda told the truth, but 40$ for a pbass is steep. i wouldnt have paid more than 8.99

fishy12

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2009
ohio
HPIZZLE;3885540; said:
FALSE
if the artard workin there was stupid enough to let us walk out with crap like that its HER fault and she should be fired. i guess he coulda told the truth, but 40$ for a pbass is steep. i wouldnt have paid more than 8.99
Ok, first off find a cheaper place to buy one if u dont like the price and second i still doesnt makeit right...:irked:

K.Galvin

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 20, 2009
Ireland
How many times have novice fishkeepers gone to the lfs to be told things like "yes that red tail cat will be fine in a 55" or "you can start stocking the tank as soon as you fill it and get the heat up"
So where is the harm in scoring a cheap fish now and again :naughty:

randomtankmaster

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 12, 2009
staten island, ny
yea especially when the majority of the fish and products are way overpriced anyway. after working in a pet store through high school i have NO remorse for being able to get the fish. they were selling a "true captive bred red tailed boa" for $349.99... on top of the fact the isnt even legal in NYC. anyway here is a pic of the little guy.

View attachment IMG00023-20100213-1629.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store