Bichirs and cichlids help

Gobrian44

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 25, 2009
Around.....
I have 4 sens and 2 dels in a 70 with an electric yellow (that my roommates gf got randomly) and tried to have some convicts but one died. But still had one left just got 2 more today trying to breed them but noticed that all the sens has some bite marks on their tails. i separated the yellow after it attacked the convicts. What should i do?

Thanks!!

Nabbig2

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 28, 2007
California
You should get another tank, preferably a larger one. The del's will eventually want a bigger tank really. You can move your bichirs to that other tank, the 70 is fine for the cichlids.

Cecropia

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 17, 2008
US
You could wait a bit and see if it calms down. My sens annoy my cichlids and get a nip every now and then....but watch the cons. My 2 larger sens deathrolled a few of my cutteri into bite-sized chunks one night.

The electric yellow will probably be a no-go in the long run.

Gobrian44

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 25, 2009
Around.....
yeah i really didnt want it to begin the lab to begin with....and i plan on getting a bigger tank for the bichir but not the dels are about 4" and sens range from 6-7" to 3"... but when i move out of my apt in the summer i plan on setting up my 30 an prob put the convict in there..

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store