New gar!

bahamaqt00

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 7, 2009
kirkland wa
I picked her up the other day and she is already eating krill and is completely off live food (they were feeding her catfish pellets at the lfs) She is about 12"+ and is nice and fat. I bought her in a pair with a male gar. I just took her home first because I just made a down payment pretty much to the owner who we have gotten to know well. I wanted to see how she did before I bring him home early this week. I am in love and think these are awesome fish. In the 1st picture she is the one with the less pronounced spots. And the rest of the pictures are of her :)

IMG_0970[1].jpg

IMG_0973[1].jpg

IMG_0975[1].jpg

IMG_0976[1].jpg

xander

Manjuari
MFK Member
Sep 6, 2007
Singapore
nice looking gar!! love how it's patternless. just out of curiousity thou, how'd you deduce their sexes?

bahamaqt00

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 7, 2009
kirkland wa
Thank you, yes I like just the spots too. Just simple but in the light they have like a greenish tint on the top, it's beautiful. I honestly have NO idea about the sexes. The owner of the fish store that I bought him from said that the male was the one with the brighter spots so I am just going by that. I wouldn't mind either way because I have no interest in the breeding deal. I would want to just enjoy them rather than try to mimic their natural habitat and have the tank all dark and whatnot :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store