Please Help!

USFallingFire

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 29, 2009
Illinois
4 inch florida just bought yesterday, seemed completely healthy, ate right away, and was doing great earlier this afternoon. Came home later and he's floating at the surface sticking partially out of the water (more than usual for gars) and gasping. He also seems to have a bubble of air stuck under his chin, which I tried to massage out, but it comes right back. Unresponsive to touch, and every now and then tries to dive to no avail. Params are 0, 0, 15. All other fish in the tank are fine. Swim bladder too full? How can I help? I really have no other ideas, please help!

Spatula

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 22, 2009
Under your bed
NOoooooooooooooooooooooo....

Could have ate a fish too big? Were there any other fish in the tank?

I am sorry for the passing of your Gar, but we still need to find out what went wrong so that maybe others can learn from it. :(

USFallingFire

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 29, 2009
Illinois
Agreed. I'm thinking you might be right. He ate a minnow last night that was quite the struggle to get down. He eventually got it but it maybe impacted his swim bladder and air just built up? Just a thought, but I can't think of anything else.

USFallingFire

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 29, 2009
Illinois
Oh, and thank you for your sympathy, but luckily I don't name fish until after the quarentine period, so I'm good, lol. Do feel bad for the little guy though.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store