finally one of you!!!!! pics of new gar

Motoxs3th

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 3, 2010
Seatown
i got these guys today. males about a foot and females 15". what are they? what feeding schedule should they be on what should i feed them and how do i know when there hungry.

alligator gar.jpg

alligator gar 2.jpg

xander

Manjuari
MFK Member
Sep 6, 2007
Singapore
gah gah gah gah gah...

you're asking pretty basic questions, have u tried the search tool? i'd pay attention to the results on sexing gar too. how big is the tank? and is that combination of fishes going to be anything other than temporary?

Motoxs3th

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 3, 2010
Seatown
xander;3897294; said:
gah gah gah gah gah...

you're asking pretty basic questions, have u tried the search tool? i'd pay attention to the results on sexing gar too. how big is the tank? and is that combination of fishes going to be anything other than temporary?
no these are gonna be tank mates and the cichlids dont bother them
if the cichlids get eaten its fine im just happy to have gar. alligator gar right?

xander

Manjuari
MFK Member
Sep 6, 2007
Singapore
florida gar, and based on my personal experience, those cichlids aer going to bully those gar

Motoxs3th

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 3, 2010
Seatown
xander;3897314; said:
florida gar, and based on my personal experience, those cichlids aer going to bully those gar
wait florida gar for sure? was told they were gator. i can get better pics if not sure

Motoxs3th

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 3, 2010
Seatown
there more like stripes exept on the back didnt really look to much like florida gar i dono let me know

E_americanus

Penguin Lover
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2004
Louisiana
primitivefishes.com
Florida gar. no way to externally sex gars, so you don't necessarily have a male and female...there's no way for you to know unless they spawn, and that's unlikely.

Lepisosteus platyrhincus

Polypterus
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2008
In the caiman den
those are for sure florida gar, and they are most likly gonna die with those perticular tankmates

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store