motoro ray and other fish

Exile

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 29, 2009
chicago
I wouldn't put a ray with a RTC or TSN just cause they get huge and take up a lot of bottom space... plus I had a bad exp with a 22" RTC eating tons of adult cichlids..

I'm sure people have done it, I wouldn't though. Goodluck!

wheresalbany

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 7, 2006
Keene, NH
lots of people do Peacock bass with their rays with little problems. I haven't had any issues witht he combo myself.

Kolossus

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2007
Where the heart is!!!
There are a lot of people who has the combination you are speaking of. With a 300g, I would not be so worried (initially) about the sizes of shovelnose catfish...But one thing to consider is feeding. To be more clear, RTC's are gobblins and my concern would be the rays getting the food the need with all of the other competition. This can definitely be worked around but you may likely need a well-thought out plan.

nes999

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 25, 2009
IL
Kolossus;3907563; said:
There are a lot of people who has the combination you are speaking of. With a 300g, I would not be so worried (initially) about the sizes of shovelnose catfish...But one thing to consider is feeding. To be more clear, RTC's are gobblins and my concern would be the rays getting the food the need with all of the other competition. This can definitely be worked around but you may likely need a well-thought out plan.

thank you very much

also are they very territoral or would it be ok to put a a male and a female together in it

what ive down with other fish in the past is use a tube to make sure the food gets to the bottom of the tank, would this work?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store