gar compatability

duster1971

Candiru
MFK Member
Dec 14, 2009
Iowa
i was wondering what kind of catfish may be compatible with gar and im talking tru gar no fake wanabes. and what is the deal about gar breaking thier backs they seem so heavily built when i see them swimming in rivers and lakes not sayen any thing bad about gar just wondering cause it is aproching spawn time its still a ways off but im gona try and catch me some baby gar and spoonbills this time for my tank just wonderd what they wuld be compatible with if nothing looks like im building a speices pond for em

E_americanus

Penguin Lover
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2004
Louisiana
primitivefishes.com
run search and use punctuation as that will help with answering most of the questions in your post if you do that you should be set for the most part and get back to us if you have other specifics that were not answered in your search kthanksbye--

xander

Manjuari
MFK Member
Sep 6, 2007
Singapore
E_americanus;3907418; said:
run search and use punctuation as that will help with answering most of the questions in your post if you do that you should be set for the most part and get back to us if you have other specifics that were not answered in your search kthanksbye--
:ROFL::ROFL:

Lepisosteus platyrhincus

Polypterus
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2008
In the caiman den
E_americanus;3907418; said:
:ROFL::nutkick:

ettfettbranamn

Polypterus
MFK Member
Nov 26, 2007
sweden
ouch, thats harsch.... hahahaha

duster1971

Candiru
MFK Member
Dec 14, 2009
Iowa
:ROFL: lol ouch. that hurt. i suck at punctuation and spelling that is why i asked you guys. thaut you guys knew how to do more than critisize. you know like about how to be professinal, and give advice to those in need of it

E_americanus

Penguin Lover
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2004
Louisiana
primitivefishes.com
duster1971;3908648; said:
:ROFL: lol ouch. that hurt. i suck at punctuation and spelling that is why i asked you guys. thaut you guys knew how to do more than critisize. you know like about how to be professinal, and give advice to those in need of it
i've said all of the following before (no true malicious intent now or previously) -

1 - it's an online forum, so everyone gets a break on spelling of course
2 - it's an online forum, so everyone gets a break on punctuation...at least within reason...having one long sent-a-graph makes it difficult to read and somewhat annoying. just take the time to use a period once in a while.

3 - and finally, these questions can easily be answered by doing a search...some answers are in the pinned topics (which ironically are hardly ever read), and others can be found doing a basic search..."catfish gars compatible" "gar broken back"

to get you started, look up opisthocoelous vertebrae in a google search and see what you find--
--solomon

PS - as for "being professional"...it's an online forum, people don't necessarily act like they would at the office ;)

duster1971

Candiru
MFK Member
Dec 14, 2009
Iowa
lol sorry about the sentagraps. love that word by the way , i will do the serch but was wondering how to do the serch. is it on this site or a google serch? as for the being profesinal thing sorry if anyone took that the wrong way. what i was meanning by that was dont slam people for thier questions etc. as this is what i thaught you guys were doing sorry i took it the wrong way. but as we all know that does happen on this site. lol but no hard feeling . thank you duster 1971. by the way i checked out the firs site in your sig nice.and sorry bout spelling im not exactly sober right now jack kicked my but but hey wone my match tonight.

E_americanus

Penguin Lover
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2004
Louisiana
primitivefishes.com
duster1971;3910051; said:
lol sorry about the sentagraps. love that word by the way , i will do the serch but was wondering how to do the serch. is it on this site or a google serch? as for the being profesinal thing sorry if anyone took that the wrong way. what i was meanning by that was dont slam people for thier questions etc. as this is what i thaught you guys were doing sorry i took it the wrong way. but as we all know that does happen on this site. lol but no hard feeling . thank you duster 1971. by the way i checked out the firs site in your sig nice.and sorry bout spelling im not exactly sober right now jack kicked my but but hey wone my match tonight.
no problem on misunderstandings, that's another common occurrence on internet forums as it's not real conversation, so things are easily misconstrued.
a search can be done either through google (more broad, but may be more comprehensive/useful too) OR you can use the search field on the ~upper left margin of the forum page (it is kind of inconspicuous...perhaps that can be changed with the admins).
also check out aquaticpredators.com and the gar forum there as there is much deeper information but (unfortunately) not as much traffic.

good luck; and as stated before, if you still have specific questions let us know--
--solomon

Lepisosteus platyrhincus

Polypterus
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2008
In the caiman den
primitivefishes.com and lepisosteidae.net is owned and ran by the person who has it in is his sig ;)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store