Gar in 6x2x2?

xander

Manjuari
MFK Member
Sep 6, 2007
Singapore
what size & species are we talking about?a 622 should fit a florida for life or at least a long time, but i'd be more comfortable with a 2.5' wide tank

always4lora

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2009
England
Poly's would be 3 Lap's , 1 ornate, 1 weeksii, 1 senegal and 4 Rope fish
Arrowana would be whatever fit good. any suggestions?

I have a 4x2x2 tank atm which houses the poly's atm so can use that as a grow out :)

The gap into the outhouse it's going into is only 28" wide so cannot fit in:( hopefully should have a new house ina few years to fit a 3ft wide tank

Kolossus

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2007
Where the heart is!!!
You'd be fine with that footprint.

Lepisosteus platyrhincus

Polypterus
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2008
In the caiman den
ok for the gar, prob wouldnt out grow it but possible. the aro on the other side wouldnt work with the gar

Kolossus

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2007
Where the heart is!!!
Lepisosteus platyrhincus;3908167; said:
ok for the gar, prob wouldnt out grow it but possible. the aro on the other side wouldnt work with the gar
I keep an aro and a florida gar together with no problems. In my setup though, the aro is noticeably larger than the gar. It may just depend on your individual fish. I have kept and alligator gar with an aro of the same size and the gar tried to eat the aro. I have not had this experience with Florida gars though.

Good luck on whatever you decide.

always4lora

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2009
England
Lepisosteus platyrhincus;3908167; said:
Why's this? agression/territory? or just because of the size of the tank? originally i was hoping to have a 6x3x2 with lungfish/poly's/gar and arrowana or having poly's / rays and gar but as the tank is only going to be 6x2x2 bit stuck on what too have, i like the old fish which is why i love my poly's fancied a gar and arowana. any suggestions are appeciated.

E_americanus

Penguin Lover
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2004
Louisiana
primitivefishes.com
that footprint would be just fine for a FL gar, likely for life if you got the fish as a captive adult or young of the year (YOY). other fishes are hit-or-miss depending on your species (most bichirs should be ok in that size tank)--
--solomon

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store