need help finding freshwater motoro stingrays

chrissouth

Feeder Fish
Feb 24, 2010
serena illinois
havin a prob keepin them alive for more than a couple of hours after they get here.... what to do spent alot $ and have 1 stingray alive and well but i want a motoro

Conner

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 27, 2008
Kentucky
There are several people selling captive bred motoro's in the vendor forum, check it out. They are fairly cheap now, and are much hardier than wild caught specimens. Also, you should post what kind of setup you have, what tankmates, what you're water parameters are, what you're feeding, and what is happening with the ones you've tried.

careifsteck

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 25, 2010
Dubuque, ia
I frequintly travel to Roe Aquariums in Rock island il. I mapquested it and it is about 2 hours from you. Shorter and cheaper than shiping. I have found many rare fish at Roe. I normaly tell people it is where you go to find fish you only see on the internet. I got both of my rectics and all 4 of my discus there. Call first look number up on internet to see what stingray stock is first. I live a hour and a half away and go at least once a month.

ShadowStryder

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2007
Nunya
chrissouth;3923295; said:
havin a prob keepin them alive for more than a couple of hours after they get here.... what to do spent alot $ and have 1 stingray alive and well but i want a motoro
First rule when buying a ray from an lfs is: make them feed them in front of you so you can see them eat.
Most motoros I see in my area lfs get 150- 200 bucks. You can pick them up on here as captive bred for 75 -100 bucks plus 70-90 bucks shipping. And any of the regular private motoro sellers on here have a good rep with good product.

killarbb

Candiru
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2008
iowa
chrissouth;3923295; said:

alot of advice being given so far. but what is the root cause of the rays dying once they arrive to you? they arrive alive, so it may be something you are doing, or not doing.

tell us the chain of events from when you order them until they die. maybe someone here can help you to avoid having anymore fish die.

polachecksaquatics

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 8, 2009
Russellville, Ky
I have a male motoro for sale. Captive born eating shrimp pieces. Must pic up in western Kentucky. Looking to get $125obo for him. Purchased from florencebigfish.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store