Flower dont eat. Need ideas

Carne!

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 18, 2009
back and forth
I got a 7" Male on Sunday and he ate Nightcrawlers that night.
Since, he has not eaten nothing... black/bloodworms, shrimp, silversides, pellets, nightcrawlers, meal worms. I will try live ghost shrimp tomorrow.

He is swimming and is very active. That is one thing I have to say... I see him swim more than my Hystrix.

I have him with a pair of Hystrix in a QT tank that eat everything, even massivore.

I am loosing hope and dont kow what else to do.
Any info on what else to try is greatly appreciated

securedownload.jpg

FishDog

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2008
B.G. KY
Flowers usually eat either worms or ghost shrimp when first put in a tank. Rarely do you find one that does both. I haven't seen one eat anything else but the 2 mentioned items. If it is not eating worms then it should respond to ghost shrimp.

keepinfish

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jun 29, 2007
In God We Trust
i got a flower about 6 weeks or so ago. The day i put him in the Q tank he ate nightcrawlers. The next week i could not get him to eat anything. then i tried "trout worms"/"pan worms" and he started taking them. It is weird some seem to eat the first day then nothing for a few days. GL he should turn around. Keep up on the waterchanges

Carne!

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 18, 2009
back and forth
Water Changes are dont 2 times a week and will use PraziPro starting next week.
I was sent a Video showing him chewing on a Nightcrawler on Tuesday for about 2 minutes. Then he gave up.

He swims around and swims in a circle sometimes. Ive kept Motoros and Hystrix and never seen a Ray swim around like he does. I hope this is a good thing

I was told he eats Bloodworms and i have yet to see him eat them. We tried mixing bloodworms and nightcrawlers over night and he dont take to it (lights on or off)

Carne!

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 18, 2009
back and forth
keepinfish;3924295; said:
that is amazing the hystrix are eating pellets already...congrats!
They are. I read one of your Posts about soaking Pellets with shrimp. Tried it that very night and the female ate. Male took about 2 weeks to eat but both do. Female is the only one that eats Massivore without having to Soak the pellets:D
So I Thank You for the input:D

Now to try and get the Flower to eat anything, even a Loach that I have in there.

ShadowStryder

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2007
Nunya
Flowers are very active once acclimated. Black worms have much more nutrional value than blood worms.
GL and you know what to do! Hope it works for you. It has for me.

avishay

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 14, 2008
Israel
I just had my flowers acclimated (10 days ago). The female ate immediately bllod worms, the male started 2 days after eating live shrips and black worms. Now both eat all. I had my rays put in perfect water and alone i.e. no food competition what so ever.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store