Looking For My Monster

Hot Pursuit

Candiru
MFK Member
Dec 3, 2009
wilmington nc
www.kenburtonstory.com
When I responded to a "Live Rock For sale" ad, the guy said his deal to sell an aquarium fell through. He wondered if I was interested? I was at his place the next day with cash. My first look & I was wondering how I would move it? I knew it would not fit into my Toyota Echo. Oh well, I'd find a way! I paid for the tank & went home trying to figure out how to move that monster 125 miles to my house. The tank is 96 x 42 x 32 aprx. & has a lot of sand in it. The sump is about 200 gal. & has some live rock stored in it. The stand is very sturdy & made of 4 x 4's. There was also a 100 gal tub with some live rock. I asked my friend to pose in front of it while I took some photos.

10.jpg

1.jpg

12.jpg

4.jpg

13.jpg

6.jpg

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
Besides the mad elbow grease it looks like its going to need to get cleaned, looks like a pretty sweet tank... although the stand looks like it could do with some upgrading for a more aesthetically pleasing look...

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
In that case i foresee a very nice setup coming along... can't wait to see what it looks like once setup...

Hot Pursuit

Candiru
MFK Member
Dec 3, 2009
wilmington nc
www.kenburtonstory.com
I went to Lowe’s Home improvement and got the heaviest handles they had. I took them to work and drilled the holes big enough so I could use a three inch lag bolt on them. I had a friend install the handles down both sides of the stand. That would make it much easier to pickup the tank.

Handle 1.jpg

Handle 2.jpg

Handle 3.jpg

Handle 4.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store