fast growth for a retic?

sbuse

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2009
IN YOUR HEAD
my retic male has put on 1.5-2" in disc width since x-mas...would this be fast or average for a retic? i was under the impretion that it would take many years to get bigger...it is now 6-7"...

Gshock

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 21, 2009
Toronto
You're probably measuring wrong. I have yet to even see leos or motoros grow at that speed. 2 inches in 2 months is too ridiculously fast, especially for retics which dont even get as big as others. Not to even mention that this growth is on your male. As a comparison, in september 2008, i purchased a 4" female retic. A year later, this thing was still only 6" even with a main staple of raw shrimp and carnivore pellets.

sbuse

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2009
IN YOUR HEAD
Gshock;3932629; said:
You're probably measuring wrong. I have yet to even see leos or motoros grow at that speed. 2 inches in 2 months is too ridiculously fast, especially for retics which dont even get as big as others. Not to even mention that this growth is on your male. As a comparison, in september 2008, i purchased a 4" female retic. A year later, this thing was still only 6" even with a main staple of raw shrimp and carnivore pellets.
i will remeaure...i did a quick meaurement didn't want to freak it out...it was just shy of 4" when i got it...i measued the male that died that was a touch bigger...i posted pics of that ray when it died...it is noticly bigger...

sbuse

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2009
IN YOUR HEAD
ok i just did a measurement from the middle of the disc perpendicular to the tail and it was 5 1/4"...i added to much for the bend at the side of the container before...this time he was flat...i couldn't get and pics though, i have no reason to make it up though...i will try to find a pic of the other male to put up, using the same measurement...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store