NEW TO RAYS HERES MY QUESTION.

Motoxs3th

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 3, 2010
Seatown
i have a tank that needs a ray, i found one a while back for 40 bucks +s&h on this site but cant find it anymore. where can i find the cheapest ray possible?

haynchinook334

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Feb 14, 2008
\m/(O_o)\m/
PeteLockwood;3933949; said:
Do you want the cheapest ray possible? Or one that might still be alive a week after you get it?
Kinda agree.

The cheapest ray is a P. Retic. But, really hard to care for with out research.

Motoxs3th

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 3, 2010
Seatown
cmon i mean not a motoro or hystrix. just a plain one that doenst have to be really cool.
can you get them only like 3-4 inches across? and if its cheap it doesnt mean its sick you amateur.

Gshock

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 21, 2009
Toronto
Motoxs3th;3936133; said:
cmon i mean not a motoro or hystrix. just a plain one that doenst have to be really cool.
can you get them only like 3-4 inches across? and if its cheap it doesnt mean its sick you amateur.
Cheap does not mean its sick ay? 95% of all retics that come in are either infested with internal parasites, lice, or fungus. This means most come more than half dead. Ever bother to actually listen to people when they educate you? Theres a reason why we say the cheapest is not the way to go for someone who just got into rays. But I guess for a pro like you who is on a level way beyond us amateurs, it should be a walk in the park.

killarbb

Candiru
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2008
iowa
and there are very few fish keepers that are willing to invest the time and money that it takes to nurse a retic back to health.....

as of late, there seems to be a lot of new raykeepers, i hope it is people who truely love rays, and not just people who got a littel extra tax refund

Iffrat

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 8, 2009
Dallas Texas
your best bet is to find someone that is a breeder local .. and then prove to them you can take care of it .. and know what your doing .. other then that your just going to get something that is going to die .. or your going to kill it ..

some local breeders around here sell motoros for ~$50 if you catch them at the right time

Iffrat

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 8, 2009
Dallas Texas
Motoxs3th;3936133; said:
lol you know what .. if i would have seen this before my post i would not have even bothered ..

get a life ..

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store