Not open for further replies.

CaptainNegatory

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 27, 2010
Las Vegas, Nevada
www.facebook.com
Hello Everyone,
So I've got a dilemma here and was hoping for some help/advice. In the state where I reside (Nevada) Fresh Water Rays are Illegal, however Salt Water Rays aren't. I truly adore rays I think they are the most adorable creatures ever! So, I need some help and was hoping if any of you MFK's out there had some advice you'd throw it my way.

1) I couldn't find a complete tank setup for Salt/Freshwater Rays, talking about what is required and what is recommended.

2)Are the levels for water Nitrate:0ppm
Nitrite:0ppm
pH:7.5-8

3) Are all sumps $300+? I'm trying to work on a budget so I can buy a 180+ gallon tank after my ray is about 5-7 months old. What is an appropriate growout tank, I keep getting mixed answers.

4) I'm definately gonna wanna pet my Ray(s) all the time so I was thinking of a larger footprint to setup in the garage with about 2-3 feet of water, a 5 for turnover rate and 30% water change twice a week. The footprint would be about and 8'x4'. Would that workout, all over google I'm getting mixed answers and figured MFKs could help out.

Thanks Much,
C. Negatory

Iffrat

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 8, 2009
Dallas Texas
so if your asking for saltwater .. you should ask saltwater related questions ..

and you dont pet sting rays .. is a bad idea .. it looks to me like your trolling .. and this will get closed just like the last one if you are..

CaptainNegatory

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 27, 2010
Las Vegas, Nevada
www.facebook.com
Iffrat;3935378; said:
so if your asking for saltwater .. you should ask saltwater related questions ..

and you dont pet sting rays .. is a bad idea .. it looks to me like your trolling .. and this will get closed just like the last one if you are..
If it is such a bad idea, than why do aquariums and such let the public do it under whats close to no supervision? No big deal if your safe about it. If you didn't catch it I did ask saltwater questions "Are the levels for water Nitrate:0ppm Nitrite:0ppm pH:7.5-8?"

I'm not sure what trolling is. I found a good sump setup though, thanks Pete :)

Iffrat

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 8, 2009
Dallas Texas
ok then .. start playing with your motoros .. that you should not have because there illegal and post about it and talk about it .. im sure it will all work out for you ..

best of luck ..

turkeyboy85

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 14, 2007
mn
Those rays have had thier stingers removed surgically, your rays will not.... you wont be able to pet them

studd muffin

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 16, 2009
'MERICA
just close this thread before you get into trouble or change the title. :)

jclyde13

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 18, 2009
Louisville, KY
If it is such a bad idea, than why do aquariums and such let the public do it under whats close to no supervision? No big deal if your safe about it. If you didn't catch it I did ask saltwater questions "Are the levels for water Nitrate:0ppm Nitrite:0ppm pH:7.5-8?"

I'm not sure what trolling is. I found a good sump setup though, thanks Pete :)
Because they have the stingers trimmed, which can be dangerous if it's done by someone without a lot of experience.

Iffrat

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 8, 2009
Dallas Texas
he want to argue .. and talk back .. let him figure out on his own .. im not going to help any .. he didnt learn with the first thread .. and he wont learn with this one ... no reason to waste your time .. he says rules are made to be broken .. and he will do what he wants .. and pet his stingrays .. i say let him do it .. but do it somewhere else ..

he does not want to listen to someone who owns stingrays .. there is nothing we have to offer this person ..

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store