IT monthly growth?

Ade

Piranha
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2008
London
your wasting your time checking for monthly growth. too slow growing.

1) In general, from my experience of keeping tigers, the indos can grow fairly quickly(from 1 inchers), say 3-4 inches per year, up to around 6-8 inches in total size.
2) Then after, they will slow down anything from 1/2 to 1 inch per year.
3) Then roughly after 11 inch, growth rate slows down EVEN more. lucky to have 1/2 inch per year.
4) At this point in their life, they start to bulk out, growing deeper and thicker noticably, rather than just length.

NGT and NTT have quite sluggish growth rate compared to Indos (growing only say 2 inch per year when small, again slowing down at about 6 inch)
ST's.... similar to Indo, exept they get bigger when fully matured.

Convert a tiger on to pellets however will increase the growth rate noticably, say after 1 year. Big tank, good water q, good filtration and good quality foods will also help.

bongko

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 6, 2009
Los Angeles
I agree with ade. my baby it's have grown from .5"-1" to 2-2.5" in ~2 months. my baby ntt's i got back ~6 months ago have grown from 1-2" to 4-8". Some of them have grown really fast while some of the others seem to stay stunted. I'm not sure of this but there seems to be a dominance type of thing in my ntt community. The bigger NTT's aren't growing as fast anymore but are getting alot fatter.
My ngt on the other hand has grown only 2" in the last few months but now it seems like its just getting rounder and growing alot slower length wise.
I appreciate how they grow slower and fatter since I have a small tank (100g)

asm129

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2009
Cafe Lu
Ade is right about the pellets. I have 20 IT dats and some eat pellets and some don't. The ones that don't are a little bigger than half an inch (about the same size I bought them as) but the ones that eat carnivore pellets are about 2" each. So pellets and that extra protein really boost the growth rate of dats IMO.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store