Can't ID.....again

bahamaqt00

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 7, 2009
kirkland wa
Sorry guys...I just can't tell what it is. The pattern throws me off. I think they look like floridas but they are listed as gators (of course) These are two separate tanks of gars so the top and bottom picture could be two different types. The body shape looks like a florida to me but the snout is wider than my FL's so im not sure.

I will get this down eventually I swear ! :nilly:

gars.JPG

gars2.JPG

chefjamesscott

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 16, 2008
regina saskatchewan canada
if you get a gator you gonnna need a BIGGER tank fo so

bahamaqt00

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 7, 2009
kirkland wa
chefjamesscott;3940642; said:
if you get a gator you gonnna need a BIGGER tank fo so
Thanks BUT.........First of all, I know this already. Second, That wasn't my question. So anyways.... if someone has an answer to the question I actually DID post that would be great.

E_americanus

Penguin Lover
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2004
Louisiana
primitivefishes.com
they are all FL gars. keep in mind that although gators and FL's have drastic differences in snout length and width, there is still some variability within the species, particularly FL gars...you'll pick it up as you get more experienced looking at these fish, so don't worry.

the pattern difference is because they are stressed/in different lighting/on different background--
--solomon

bahamaqt00

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 7, 2009
kirkland wa
Thanks again! Yes, the first picture is the batch he said he just got in today, so they probably are very stressed. The ones in the bottom picture have beautiful patterns and I was thinking about getting them (as long as they werent gators lol)

Lepisosteus platyrhincus

Polypterus
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2008
In the caiman den
all floridas
and one florida(in the top on hte left side) has a severe spinal injury

bahamaqt00

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 7, 2009
kirkland wa
yes in the top picture about 3 of them have spinal injuries. One of them is really bad. Worse than the one you can see in the picture. Very sad :(

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store