Nano tank

piranha45

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
kay
I raised a single platy fry in a 1 liter bottle for like 4 months :p Then I got bored and threw it in one of my other tanks and that 4 months of effort got gulped in a heartbeat.

Jay R.

Candiru
MFK Member
Apr 18, 2005
Port st. Lucie, FL
www.screamandfly.com
I have a 20 gallon reeftank, or soon to be reef tank (once it matures some). from the research I've done it seems a 5 gallon saltwater tank can be done successfully if done properly. usually they use a lot of live rock and live sand and a power head and an extremly light bio-load. as a general rule i don't think Nano tanks are good beginner tanks.
however they are easier to maintain than a bigger system. so i guess it all depends on wether or not the begginer takes the time to understand whats going on in their tank or not. a 10 gallon tank with a bunch of live rock, 2 very small hardy fish and a cleaner crew would be pretty self sufficent after cycling.

Triggeraa

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
5 gallon marineland hex. Modified hood, 60 watts plus moonlights and pc fans. Aquaclear 150 plus rio 90 for circulation. 50 watt heater, power strips, digital thermometer ect. The usual additives and water changes.

5 Gallon Reef

piranha45

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
kay
its a beautifully setup tank trigger, although I think without any crustaceans its still kinda weak :)

Triggeraa

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
There are 4 red legged hermits and an emerald crab living in the tank. :thumbsup:
I also keep an astea snail.

Neo Baron

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 1, 2005
I have a 20 and the work load is alot i change the water 2-3 times a week.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store