Looking For a Certain Channel Catfish

gmail1621

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2006
New York
First of all, I appologize for such a long post, but please bear with me. When I moved to my new house, I lost my 2 foot plus Channel Catfish named Lenny. My husband and I tried everything to save him, but in the end his fate was to become a beautiful flowering bush in the backyard. I have never seen another like him for sale and was wondering if perhaps someone here could help me locate another.

When I bought him at the LFS, he was listed as a Golden Channel Catfish. After 4 years, the LFS has no idea what I am talking about when I asked about getting another. Looking for Golden Channel Catfish or Gold Channel Catfish on the internet gives mostly recipes for Golden fried catfish and the like. :eek:

I know he wasn't an albino, at least not a true albino, because he had brown eyes and his body color wasn't pinkish, it was an actual golden yellow color with a creamy white underside. Every other Albino Channel Catfish that I have seen has had pink eyes and a pinkish tint to his body. During my research to find another, I came across a website that has a picture of two catfish that resembled Lenny. http://www.fishpondinfo.com/misc2.htm It has them listed as Albinos though. The fish in the first picture is exactly the color Lenny was and looks as if he also has brown eyes, though it could just be the angle of the picture.

I am looking for a small one, preferably no bigger than 5 inches, smaller if possible. Lenny was only about 2-3 inches when I got him. Any help in locating another for sale would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

rallysman

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 7, 2005
indiana
Goodluck with your search for a new lenny. I was excited when I read this because I have a big channel cat I'm getting rid of, but he is pure white. I will keep my eyes open and try to find something like that. That's and interesting fish.

oh yea........

WELCOME TO MFK!

nativelover

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 30, 2005
socal
WWW.MYSPACE.COM
i just caught this guy. hes white but not albino. im keeping him but was wondering if this is what ur lookin for?...BTW his name is jerry...or her name.

Redtail_Watcher

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 26, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
:drool: that is soo cool i have never seen that kind of color chanel before

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store