dats with polys

sabungero

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 22, 2010
PI
i wanted to get into dats and found some small 2 inch dats for 15$ each
but i was wondering if i would be able to keep them in with my 7 inch delhezi or would he eat them
thanks in advance for your advice

phillydog1958

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
if they can fit in his mouth, there is always a possibility. one can't speak for all polys, in generalizations, but you never know. you can try and introduce them to one another, but i'd be cautious. if you see any aggression, remove the little guys.

sabungero

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 22, 2010
PI
phillydog1958;3955492; said:
if they can fit in his mouth, there is always a possibility. one can't speak for all polys, in generalizations, but you never know. you can try and introduce them to one another, but i'd be cautious. if you see any aggression, remove the little guys.
ok thanks...would you say 15$ for 2 inch indonesian dats a fair price i kno they havent been around lately but the last time i saw them they were a little less about 2 years ago

phillydog1958

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
sabungero;3955500; said:
ok thanks...would you say 15$ for 2 inch indonesian dats a fair price i kno they havent been around lately but the last time i saw them they were a little less about 2 years ago

It sounds fair to me. I have a 5 inch NTT, which I got at an LFS for $25.

poly-nomial

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 15, 2009
knew jerzay
sabungero;3955480; said:
i wanted to get into dats and found some small 2 inch dats for 15$ each
but i was wondering if i would be able to keep them in with my 7 inch delhezi or would he eat them
thanks in advance for your advice
I was in the same predicament but didn't want to waste 75 dollars so i bought a divider. Works fine so far. But they did get through 2 times and were on the other side for a few hours at least and the delhezi didn't touch them.

benzjamin13

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Sep 12, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
I'd keep them separated until the Dats grow to at least 3.5"-4"

spwd

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 20, 2008
leicester,england
Yeh id probably let them grow a bit just in case.

Steve

bomber

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 16, 2007
the Office living in the now...
Powerfeed.

sabungero

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 22, 2010
PI
im planning to getting 5 would they be ok in that size if i have them in a 10 gallon tank for now as a grow out

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store