JellyFish TANKS: The Hobby is Expanding!!

DarthLungFish

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 27, 2005
EARTH
Just got the latest issue of FAMA Magazine August 2006 edition. On Page 106, I came across an add selling "JellyFish Systems". I checked out the web-site and I thought this was pretty cool. I've never seen a none public display of Jellyfish. A little on the high end, but very cool. :)

http://www.jelliquarium.com/default.aspx

Roberto C. Wells

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2006
Paris, AR
WOW THAT’S THE BEST THING I EVER SEEN

DarthLungFish

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 27, 2005
EARTH
Is that Cool or What!! I know I would love to have one at my office or home!:grinyes:

davo

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2006
England
thats cool. but i know nothing about sw, but why are they so expensive ie, what is it that jellyfish need that others dont?

Fishfreak218

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 17, 2006
South Florida
thats cool. but i know nothing about sw, but why are they so expensive ie, what is it that jellyfish need that others dont?
they need a kreisel design tank... and alot of food daily.... phytoplankton and baby brine shrimp.. and other things to.. im pretty sure.. i wish these would be left to public aquariums and the ocean,.. just to hard to keep

DarthLungFish

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 27, 2005
EARTH
True to being hard to keep, but these guys must have found a market to build such a tank. I would like to know which people buy them and their feedbak regarding the care and up keep of these tanks.

DarthLungFish

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 27, 2005
EARTH
I don't know, it got my interests. Just too much money though to spend on the tank. I would rather spend that on a new 500g from GlassCages!!:grinyes:

Honda12

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 7, 2006
Michigan

Cause the tank has to be circular, cause in a regular tank they would get stuck in a corner. Also they need a constant flow so the jelly fish stay suspended in the water, and it is most likely buit into the tank.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store