using prazi pro

stingray_tj

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 7, 2010
seattle
it says to remove to carbon filter while adding thins to the tank. but doesnt say when to add the filter back in? after the 4 to 5 days of filtering prazi pro or jus after its cycled through after a hour or 2...?? if i was to leave the carbon filters in would this przi pro even work??

CrAzYNeSs

Candiru
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2009
Here.
No. You put the prazi in and leave the carbon out for the duration of the treatment. Do a search, there is a schedule of treatment for the prazi that works extremely well.

CrAzYNeSs

Candiru
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2009
Here.
Here it is:
Remove carbon.
Add 2.5 milligrams per liter of water.
If you are using the powdered version, it is difficult to dissolve. Predissolve in tank water by shaking it up in a small container.
Dosing
Day 1 -- remove carbon, perform water change with vacuuming, and add Prazi to tank
Day 2 -- add Prazi
Day 3 -- do nothing
Day 4 -- do nothing
Day 5 -- do nothing
Day 6 -- add Prazi
Day 7 -- add Prazi
Day 8 -- normal partial water change with vacuuming
Day 14 - normal partial water change, then add prazi
Day 21 - normal partial water change, then add prazi
Day 28 - normal partial water change, then add prazi
Day 35 - normal partial water change, add carbon, treatment is complete
If you need to do a water change in the middle, then redose prazi per the water volume replaced although as prazi is a very mild treatment, it is very hard not to overdose at all.

stingray_tj

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 7, 2010
seattle
really im supposed to add 2.5 mill to every liter that much over a month? the bottle says only use for the seven days for a bath... jus didnt say to much bout the carbon filter.. i dont think they are sick... if i just used for the seven days would it even work?? thanks alot man.. great info an now im even more confused.. hahahaha
these poor fish got a caveman taking care of em..

stingray_tj

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 7, 2010
seattle
now since ill be havin no carbon filters in for a months it looks like should i now wash out my filters an sponges with tank water once a week to keep clean?

West1

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Sep 27, 2007
Why do you use Carbon anyways? I dont use carbon at all. I load up my canisters with media (ceramic rings) and clean them out once every 4-6 months.

I would not use carbon even after you finish using meds in the tank.

The instructions for PraziPro posted by "Crazyness" is mainly for Anchor Worms (dont quote me on the A. Worm but it was a pain in the arse one posted by Lupin) as that was the leinght of time that was used to get rid of the Parasite.

I would say 2 weeks is good enough for treating internal parasites but im far from a Pro on parasites

G/L
and ditch the carbon.... JMO

earthstudent

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2010
Iowa
Carbon is not bad. It has its limits on usefulness. It can remove some unwanted chemicals and in the case of medications it can remove wanted chemicals. To my understanding, carbon is more for keeping the water clear (visually) and smelling better than it might without using it. It can remove some toxins but will not aid in the nitrogen cycle or removing ammonia, nitrite or nitrate.
If you are housing a ray in a 90g, than you are going to need a much bigger tank very soon. Your filtering sounds to be a bit under qualified as well. You may have enough mechanical filtering but I doubt enough biological filtering. I would look into buying or building a sump wet/dry filter system. Just my opinion and just trying to help.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store