Should i put them on pellets?

poly-nomial

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 15, 2009
knew jerzay
My dats are around 1.5" long and are eating all frozen bloodworms, mysis shrimp, and brine shrimp. I would actually rather not keep feeding this. Will sinking carnivore be fine instead of massivore? I have tried sinking carnivore and they try it and spit it out. Is it too early to convert them to pellets? btw they are very fat and healthy so starving wouldn't really hurt them

CrAzYNeSs

Candiru
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2009
Here.
I use halved Hikari carnivore sticks marinated with mysis shrim - they immediately took it. After that I moved them over to Hikari Cichlid BioGold. When they get larger I will use massivore.

vanimate

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 3, 2005
Chicago ŅŞ
fishaddict401;3968167; said:
so starving wouldn't really hurt them
IMO a 1.5 inch dat is still a baby and they need their food at this stage to grow healthy so I wouldnt start starving them untill they get a little bigger. That doesnt mean you can't keep trying though, sinking carnivore is fine, but I think massivore has a stronger odor that they might take to. Just keep trying and of course remove all of the uneaten food. GL ;)

spwd

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 20, 2008
leicester,england
My 3 little ones tend to eat anything when it enters the tank and sinks to the bottom,but once its on the bottom they are more picky but they eat prawn hikari massivore and cichlid gold,krill,bloodworm and chopped up mealwormswhich they really seem to like,ive not had to starve them at all,they didnt eat for the first few days but now they eat all the above and more,try some of the above buddy.

Steve

asm129

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2009
Cafe Lu
Some of mine will eat sinking carnivore pellets. The ones that do have grown to about 2"+ in about 2 months and the ones that don't eat carnivore are still really small at about less than 1 inch.

It's never too early to convert them to pellets. The sooner you do it, the better their growth rate IMO. Try mixing the pellets with mysis shrimp in a cup and pouring it in next time. That might do the trick.

rclark12

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2009
new jersey
Trust me david its worth it, mine actualy take pellets over anything else now, and growing quickly because of it

crisper

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 4, 2008
over there boi
try crushing up the massivore and mix it in with the frozen food. to that add a some garlic gaurd you will create a soupy mix they will not be able to resist. once they get a taste for that just add garlic gaurd to the massivore. and finally straight on to pellets. i have done this with many fish people say will not eat pellets. g.tile and creninchla.

asm129

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2009
Cafe Lu
Just wondering: Why would you NOT want them on pellets? People put threads up here all the time asking how they can get their fish to eat pellets so I'm guessing almost everyone wants their fish to eat carnivore, massivore, etc.

Believe me, your baby dats will grow a lot quicker when they finally start taking carnivore or massivore.

DiscusManiac11

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 14, 2009
PA
Yea I just got my 3 little guys to eat sinking carnivore. At first I just crushed the pellets, and rolled the little pieces of frozen prawn in it. Now that they r eating pellets it is so much easier, and cheaper. Quick question guys can I still feed them prawns to mix up the diet or will they get hooked again?

Rawrs.

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 4, 2009
New York City
DiscusManiac11;3983923; said:
Yea I just got my 3 little guys to eat sinking carnivore. At first I just crushed the pellets, and rolled the little pieces of frozen prawn in it. Now that they r eating pellets it is so much easier, and cheaper. Quick question guys can I still feed them prawns to mix up the diet or will they get hooked again?

Variety is best IMO.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store