HELP Datnoid isnt right

Deep Blue Sea

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 2, 2010
Alameda Ca
Okay so, my datnoid since around the middle of the day has started swimming in the high-middle to high part of the tank and when I turned on the light to check on him he tried swimming down but when he went down he just kinda crashed into the rocks head first like he couldnt see it coming??? he has a bubble eye or something where the eye looks a little inflated and I've been giving him medacine for it but it doesnt seem to be getting any better but its only on one eye. Also he looks a little darker but not super dark like I when I first put him into this tank and he seems to be breathing kinda hard and his mouth is open wider then normal like he needs to get more water in. I really dont want him to die could someone please help me

Deep Blue Sea

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 2, 2010
Alameda Ca
also this white stuff that looks almost like spider webs had been forming on one plant for a while but I took it out and then it seemed to go away in the tank, now the tuff is back on another plant but worse and its also on the glass all over but in really small amount like half the size of an ant. could that have anything to do with it? I tried using anti-fungal medacine to get rid of it but it wont go away

Deep Blue Sea

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 2, 2010
Alameda Ca
alright can I just add like table salt? thats all I have atm

Deep Blue Sea

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 2, 2010
Alameda Ca
please anyone else? does anyone know what the spiderwebby fungus is?

Fractal

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 3, 2010
California
It might be rhizoclonium.

That a form of algea. I'm not 100% sure what brings it into the aquarium, but maybe you need to do a scrubbing of the tank and a water change? I added a UV light to my tank when I was getting some bad algea bloom when I started the tank up a few months back.

scriving

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
the cuts
table salt is fine the chance of your fish getting poisoned from iodine is like you getting hit in the head with a meteor well maybe not that rare but table salt is fine.

PufferFreak88

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 1, 2009
San Marcos, CA
check ur ammonia level, it happened one of mine three days ago and now he is all better and eating after a 100% water change. On the first day his gill is really red and then a red bump around the eyes & mouth appear and last he is breathing really hard and his mouth is wide opened like a drop jaw where it cannot close properly. I recommend a water change if any ammonia is detected.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store