New baby dat. ID please. It's my first one!

bahamaqt00

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 7, 2009
kirkland wa
He is about 1" maybe 1.5" But I love his little pattern. I have never seen the half bar coming from the bottom side, it's awesome! He was labled a "gold tiger datnoid" He is stable even from the change of tanks. Help me out guys.

Thank you!

datnoid1.JPG

datnoid2.JPG

bomber

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 16, 2007
the Office living in the now...
Great looking Tiger. I too love odd patterns.

That tiger is an IT aka Indonesian Tiger Datnoid.

Conner

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 27, 2008
Kentucky
Oddball indo datnoid. They've been popping up everywhere recently. Nice pick-up! Start him on frozen foods like bloodworms, brine shrimp, and mysis shrimp, and then after he's taking that well, you can try mixing small pellets into the frozen foods before you put them into the tank. That may help convert him to pellets really early.

Good luck!

bahamaqt00

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 7, 2009
kirkland wa
Conner;3977123; said:
Oddball indo datnoid. They've been popping up everywhere recently. Nice pick-up! Start him on frozen foods like bloodworms, brine shrimp, and mysis shrimp, and then after he's taking that well, you can try mixing small pellets into the frozen foods before you put them into the tank. That may help convert him to pellets really early.

Good luck!
Thanks connor! I just got him literally like 2 hours ago, so I haven't tried to feed him yet. He is going into a 10gal to start until he gets big enough for the 55gal and then into the 250! :headbang2

Do you think if we are feeding every day he will even have room to grow in the 10 gal?

Conner

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 27, 2008
Kentucky
bahamaqt00;3977170; said:
Thanks connor! I just got him literally like 2 hours ago, so I haven't tried to feed him yet. He is going into a 10gal to start until he gets big enough for the 55gal and then into the 250! :headbang2

Do you think if we are feeding every day he will even have room to grow in the 10 gal?
Yes. I have mine in a 20L at the moment. They will be in there until they're 3-4" long, and then I'll upgrade to a 55g or something like that.

Btw, I'm feeding mine frozen foods 3 times a day, and its barely enough. They are little PIGS! I'd say each one is eating about 1/3 a cube of bloodworms each feeding, 3 times a day.

bahamaqt00

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 7, 2009
kirkland wa
Oh wow! Well I love watching my fish eat so that wont be a problem! I have to cut back feeding the big tank because the gars are starting to walk a fine line between healthy fat and unhealthy obese lol. But anyways...I know they like to be in groups but where I bought him, he was the only one left. Should I get a couple small tankmates for him or do you think he should be all by himself? I don't want him to get bored :grinno: Oh, and one more question. I read that they like a lot of hiding spaces. Do you think he will be okay in a heavily planted tank? I have always wanted to do a planted and now have an opportunity....maybe

Conner

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 27, 2008
Kentucky
fishaddict401;3977195; said:
It takes a very long time for them to get big enough for most common future tanks. Like one your size will have to wait 4-6 years to get big enough to go with your arowana

How big is the arowana? My first indo datnoid has grown from about 3" to 7" in less than a year, so unless the arowana is full grown, I wouldn't think 4-6 years at all. Maybe 1-2 years.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store