what is up with my female...

sbuse

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2009
IN YOUR HEAD
she just started doing this within the last few days...she eats more then all the other rays and is the most active ray i have...she has been pestered by my male, could this be due to that?...i don't know what this is...so any insight is wellcome...in the second pic she was spinnig so the disc looks like it is under but it isn't...it is like she sits on the tips of the disc...her belly is perfict so she isn't cut or anything...still eats alot and active...

505094969_1777375837_0[1].jpg

505096113_1777380099_0[1].jpg

505096692_1777382244_0[1].jpg

505097401_1777384881_0[1].jpg

RedTailKinG

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2008
QUEENS NYC
looks like shes just eating but if shes doing that even when shes not may be stung !

carcrazy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 11, 2007
Fisher Branch, Manitoba, Canada
As long as the water parameters are good and she's eating well, I don't think you have to worry. Does she climb the glass? If so, you can check her belly more closely.

sbuse

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2009
IN YOUR HEAD
RedTailKinG;3977427; said:
looks like shes just eating but if shes doing that even when shes not may be stung !
she is not eatting in these pics...

carcrazy;3977476; said:
As long as the water parameters are good and she's eating well, I don't think you have to worry. Does she climb the glass? If so, you can check her belly more closely.
she is on the glass and playing in my fx5 return more then she is sitting....no sting marks and is perfict...i am not worried, as much as i would be if i saw something wrong...this is just not something i have ever seen before so i am moderately concerned...

sbuse

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2009
IN YOUR HEAD
i didn't want to be to hasty as for her size...but the male has been paying alittle to much attention to her and to none of the other females that are in the tank...she has been in the tank the least amount of time...still a month or so, but less then some smaller ones in the tank...also her food intake is unreal...i am not saying she is prego yet as idk(i really hope so as i am not all that keen on waiting)...she is smaller, though i do beleve retics mature at a smaller size do to the fact they are a smaller ray...

sbuse

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2009
IN YOUR HEAD
other thoughts as i would like to compile info and opinions to get an answer...this was the reason for the mature female? thread...

Gshock

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 21, 2009
Toronto
Generally, rays die having their discs curled down if they are starved to death, which is not the case here. I cant really think of anything else except stress? Maybe try seperating the male and seeing what happens with this female.

sbuse

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2009
IN YOUR HEAD
today the male seems to be leaving her alone so i will keep an eye on him and if he still persues her i will seperate...i got my first good look at my males claspers and they are diff. then before...they look almost folded with a line down the middle of the clasper...is this what a rolled clasper looked like?...befor the were just round with no line/ fold...

not considering size as a factor...is this what a prego female looks like, like kjfan1 said?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store