New tip on getting dats stable

poly-nomial

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 15, 2009
knew jerzay
I am not sure if this works on any other datnoid except Indonesian or it just might be my dats only; who knows, try it.

I had a power outage. Well after it was finally over (2 days later) the lights came on, and when i woke up and they were on, all of the datnoids were 100% stable. I think the trick is leaving the lights off for a couple days 1-2 times a month. Try it on your least stable dat/dats and tell me if it works.

It's funny because, with pristine water, high temperature, expensive diet and clean water, i couldn't keep them stable. Now with the water at a horrendous state, the temperature dropped several degrees and no food for 2 days, they are very stable.

Thanks and try it out!!

LBathory

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 25, 2008
New Jersey
I've noticed weird things like that make my unstables stable. things like dirty water and hunger seem to work too. Very bizzare.

PredatorTank215

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 24, 2008
Philadelphia
LBathory;3981795; said:
I've noticed weird things like that make my unstables stable. things like dirty water and hunger seem to work too. Very bizzare.
Ive noticed if you feed shrimp and then wait a couple days in between feeding their stable. I think its the anticipation of more shrimp that gets them excited.

Ade

Piranha
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2008
London
Fishaddict, good they r stable but for the wrong reasons.lol glad u didn't loose any though.

IT s are quite awrkward when it comes to stability...

If you lost power then I assume ur filters
were out as well.... Then your IT only became stable cause they reacting negatively to the poor water condition... not good.
Somethin I've always said. That is a stable tiger does NOT mean it's comfortable and not stressed out. Tigers that act like this specifically are what I call the unstable ones, they don't hold the clean gold and black bars for long. I have a couple like this for years.

sbuse

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2009
IN YOUR HEAD
something that helped out my 2 of the 5 that were unstable was the addition of wood and a huge rock pile...lighting and water quality are the same...

Victor-Falko

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 8, 2009
Dutchess County, New York
I think your problem is your light!

Light sensitivity is a common reason for unstable datnoids! I just dimmed my light to the point where they felt comfortable, then gradually raise the amount of light going into the tank! The process took about 2 weeks for me! After this they became consistently stable and shown an increase in activity!

Fishes33

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2006
Canada, Toronto
My dats only stable in other people's tank, just not mine!

:eek:

I got two dats from two mfkers here (1 IT and 1 NGT), they were both stable at their original owner's tank. As soon as they are in my 135, they turned jet black

:eek::eek::eek:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store