my first dats

crisper

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 4, 2008
over there boi
Picked up 2 of what i believe are indo dats. They are about 1.5" i got them in a 55g with 3 clown loaches i also picked up today. I will try to chart there growth on this thread. I know it will be a long road. The Ph in the tank 7.4, temp 30c. Any tips would be great and how long before they outgrow the 55g? Oh yeah i mixed up flake food with frozen brine shrimp and they were already eating.:grinno:

vaine111

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2009
Metro-Detroit
Cool! Congrats!
Only advise I can offer is keep the temp up and watch for scratching. With the clown loaches you are probably going to be combating ich on a yearly/sub-yearly basis. I'd add 3 more so no datnoid is getting picked on more then another. Some say 3 minimum I say 5:D.
You should have a year to a year and a half in a 55.

asm129

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2009
Cafe Lu
That's awesome that they're eating flake food right away like that. It probably means they'll be willing to try pellets soon too. Drop a few small sinking pellets in. It's a lot better for them than flakes I think.

crisper

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 4, 2008
over there boi
pellets are definately better i just need to go out and get some tiny ones. for now they seem to like the flake and frozen brine shrimp mix.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store