still no luck with breeding...

fastcarsnbigfishies

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2008
New Mexico
Well the male has been getting more aggressive with the female but I still don't think he is getting the job done.
(ignore the sound.. sorry)
[YT]<object width="853" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LdMX7fKX5Y4&hl=en_US&fs=1&hd=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LdMX7fKX5Y4&hl=en_US&fs=1&hd=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="853" height="505"></embed></object>[/YT]

so she is either
a) already pregnant
b) not mature yet (she is about 12" or 13")
c) just not interested in the male
d) playing hard to get and wants the male to work harder for it

He does not cause that much damage, just scrapes the edge of her disc and does not take chunks out of it. She tries to sting his eyeballs! I've also watched her turn around and act as if she was going to bite at his disc or claspers and he will run away! Why would she do that!? I donno what to do. Everyone is still eating and no one seems stressed out so I guess I will just let them be for now, but why the heck can't he it done!?!

spotfin

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2006
Maine
She looks pregnant. Had she just eaten a big meal before you shot the video?

fastcarsnbigfishies

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2008
New Mexico
spotfin;3994995; said:
She looks pregnant. Had she just eaten a big meal before you shot the video?
she had eaten a moderate amount about an hour or so before the video. Not a huge meal really. She has always been pretty plump though so it is hard to tell.

turkeyboy85

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 14, 2007
mn
he will get here once he figures out how.... females dont really have a choice in the matter if they are going to breed or not.... it always looks like that

aquaman45

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2009
England
That female is due to give birth at any time,hes can sense this thats why hes bothering her,the male copulates as soon as the pups are born.......have your nursery ready.....definitely pregnant!

Zoodiver

As seen on TV
MFK Member
Aug 22, 2005
South FL
turkeyboy85;3995066; said:
he will get here once he figures out how.... females dont really have a choice in the matter if they are going to breed or not.... it always looks like that

Ain't that the truth!!!
When my yellow rays breed, the male goes to town on them worse than I've ever seen my FW ray males go after females... and I thought my motoros were rough on each other.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store