Why are datnoids so expensive?

keonigt

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 15, 2010
Hawaii
I was thinking abut purchasing a datnoid, ngt or it, but i need to know why are they so expensive and what is special about them?
why do you guys like your datnoids?

Deep Blue Sea

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 2, 2010
Alameda Ca
theyre fun to watch, beautiful, and unique. The reason they are so expensive is because there is a high demand for them and they have to be caught in the wild and shipped to petstores, also the widebar datnoid is so expensive because it cant be imported to the US (for what reason Im not sure) but this makes them rare and so they have a extremely high demand

Deep Blue Sea

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 2, 2010
Alameda Ca
If you plan on getting one make sure you have perfect water because the ones I have had are really touchy to the quality of its tank. the first one I had I was un-experienced about so I thought I could treat it like any other fish and sadly it died 3 days later, now Im trying to work with my new one (about 8 days old) and get him off live fish and make him feel more safe and not so stressed. My point is that if you plan on buying one of these fish prepare to give it lots of TLC and im sure everyone would agree they are worth it

jlnguyen74

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2007
United Species of Arowana

Deep Blue Sea

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 2, 2010
Alameda Ca

PufferFreak88

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 1, 2009
San Marcos, CA
I find the Datnoids to be an interesting freshwater fish due to its beauty and unique gold or yellowish coloration filled with dark stripe patterns it almost like a saltwater angel fish because of their bodyshaped. I have a few friend who thought it was some kind of saltwater angel fish when they first saw the Datnoids. Datnoid are pretty smart too, they can learn to recognize their keeper and will sometimes eat off your hands. Overall Datnoid are truly an amazing fish to keep. =)

jlnguyen74

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2007
United Species of Arowana
Deep Blue Sea;3996001; said:
I think hes talking about most local fish stores that sell 4" thinbars for $49.99
You need to read or a new pair of glasses! :D

keonigt;3995978; said:
I was thinking abut purchasing a datnoid, ngt or it, but i need to know why are they so expensive and what is special about them?
why do you guys like your datnoids?

Deep Blue Sea

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 2, 2010
Alameda Ca
well still ITs are like $19.99 for little 2 inchers at my lfs

keonigt

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 15, 2010
Hawaii
why arent they easy to take care when they are small?
and what is the difference between IT and NGT?
also is taking care of an aro easier or hardeR?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store