Transferring to a new tank?

SpeshulEd

Fire Eel
MFK Member
My 450g is starting to look a bit overstocked now that my RTC has grown.

He will be going in a nice size pond by summer. Spoke with the landscaper today - should be breaking ground by the end of the month, woohoo!

Anyway, the large RTC is starting to make me nervous. My dats are around 6"-8". They're the little guys in the tank at the moment. 2 of them are stable, the other two are getting there.

I have a 210g tank on the way - would I be better off risking the dats going unstable and putting them in it, allowing the RTC the room to swim until his forever home is built or should I leave the dats in the 450g and pack the RTC in the 210? The RTC is around 18"-20"?

haynchinook334

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Feb 14, 2008
\m/(O_o)\m/
I would throw the rtc in the 210gal. Cause the rtc still has a chance to eat the bass and the other fish.

haynchinook334

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Feb 14, 2008
\m/(O_o)\m/
PS...the dats will go unstable if transferred to any tank, but will stable up in a few day.

SpeshulEd

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Sounds good. That was my original plan - to move the RTC. Seems silly to move the dats. I just want to give the RTC his space too. He should be alright in the 210 though. It'll be brief before he hits the pond.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store