NTT QUestion.

DiscusManiac11

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 14, 2009
PA
I realize that dats all hide when they are first introduced to a new tank, but my 3 inch NTT has only hid and hasn't come out since I realized him from the bag. As for my 2 IT's I bought yesterday they come out more when the lights are off. I sthis normal for NTT's? He is the biggest dat in the tank.

Deep Blue Sea

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 2, 2010
Alameda Ca
yes mines very timid too and hes been in the tank for about a week now I'm hopping he comes out soon

DiscusManiac11

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 14, 2009
PA
Yea I mean he was fine in the tank at LFS, but when he got introduced in my tank with the other 5 IT's, he is timid. I have also noticed that the 3 ITs that I ha din there before don't come out as much either. Did you have this problem too?

Deep Blue Sea

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 2, 2010
Alameda Ca
Yes, its just that hes not used to his surrounding and from what I hear they should come out after about 3-4 weeks, as for the fish following his example and hiding they must jsu the playing follow the leader with the biggest dat

DiscusManiac11

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 14, 2009
PA
Deep Blue Sea;4000280; said:
Yes, its just that hes not used to his surrounding and from what I hear they should come out after about 3-4 weeks, as for the fish following his example and hiding they must jsu the playing follow the leader with the biggest dat

Yea I guess I see what your saying it's just that I want to get them eating frozen shrimp and pellets asap, and them hiding doesn't help haha.

spwd

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 20, 2008
leicester,england
My big one that ive got in the 60g hides most of the time but hopefully when i put the 6 little ones in he will come out more.

Steve

frootloops

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 24, 2010
Philippines
I've had mine for 4 months now. They still hide all the time even when it's feeding time. Most of the time when you look at my tank it looks like I'm keeping wood and rocks as pets

bongko

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 6, 2009
Los Angeles
you could also try adding a school of dither fish. at first my ntt's where skittish but when i added my ornate and silver dollars they arent as scared. whenever my birchir swims to the top of the tank they all follow it. check out my previous threads and u can see them swimming with and without lights on. dimmer lighting helps too.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store