Is this ok ? ( video)

CrAzYNeSs

Candiru
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2009
Here.
Looks okay to me in the video, then again the video isn't really HQ.

It may be a minor fungal infection. I would monitor it for a week doing water changes every couple of days - keeping the water pristine. If it doesn't show sign of improvement by the end of the week, I would add salt @2lbs/100G and bump up the temperature to around 86F.

Good luck and keep us posted.

jasoncambs

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 5, 2009
peterborough uk
I test my water daily ammonia 0 nitite 0 nitrate 15 . I change partial water daily and am very fussy about my water parameters . The ray seems pretty active and I am keeping the light down for a week or so . Keeping a pair of rays is something I am very keen to do so I may just be worrying too much after Reading up that it's not an easy job .
Thankyou for any replies on this . It puts my mind at rest to know that other owners are willing to donate some time to helping a newbie ray keeper

Waterboy655

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2010
Sterling Hts,MI
Im sure my post made you sumwhat worried. My little guys "feet" were pretty bad. White with a slime coat or film on them. He also would not even lay them down, Kept them in the air. Atleast you have noticed this early and can keep an eye on it. Good luck, Im sure he will just fine. :)

jasoncambs

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 5, 2009
peterborough uk
Cheers bud . I looked again today to find the fluffy layer has thickened slightly . I called the store where I got her from and they are letting me return it for treatment tomorrow .
The male is fine and eating well so that gives me a bit of hope with keeping stingrays . Will keep you posted and will try and get a good pic when in the bag to show the affected area . I really hope it's something silly that a bit of salt etc will get rid of .

jasoncambs

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 5, 2009
peterborough uk
Update . She did not make it ( sigh)
so a mark on the fin turned to death in three days . It unbelievable how sensitive these guys are. The shop are great and offered another one but I am going to wait to make sure the other one is settled for a couple of days . Then I will collect the replacement .

Ade

Piranha
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2008
London
Sorry to hear that. Stick with it. They are fantastic fish.

It was probably on it's way out before you got it , then Transporting and the new tank probably stressed it out further, triggering the rapid turn and death.
I'd go barebottom. Minimises chances of bad bacteria and paracites living in the sand.

jasoncambs

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 5, 2009
peterborough uk
The tank is now bare bottom and my male is eating up bloodworm as I type so just hope nothing develops before I collect the replacement female .
I cannot see any reason to worry about my other one . All seems good there

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store