added another ray :D

BigPic

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 21, 2007
Winnipeg, Canada
Do any of you have any clues for me as to where there is a good source of info that can help me figure out what this new little fellow is, besides here of course. I have been searching for photos that look similar to this guy, but, no luck. I believe he is from Columbia. . .

Thanks in advance for the assistance.

Ray

soveryfishy..

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 22, 2010
Northern California
This is so beautiful. I have always wanted a ray tank...and have been told that 200 gallons is the appropriate size for two, what have you found to be true? Thanks, in advance.

newoscar

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2010
Canada
Very cool guy there! I love rays in the aquarium but haven't had any yet!

Gshock

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 21, 2009
Toronto
soveryfishy..;4003851; said:
This is so beautiful. I have always wanted a ray tank...and have been told that 200 gallons is the appropriate size for two, what have you found to be true? Thanks, in advance.
Aren't fw rays illegal in cali?

Anyways, to OP, to me, it seems like a yepezi variant or hybrid. Don't really know for sure, but the marking in the middle seem very yepezi like.

BigPic

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 21, 2007
Winnipeg, Canada
Thanks guys. I was thinking that it was some variant of yezpezi, but, the tail is way longer and the stinger is positioned differently.

Tim, yes, these were the "hystrix", there were a couple that actually were, as far as I could tell anyhow.

I wouldn't assume that it was a hybrid, these were wild caught according to the very reputable vendor.

Ray

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store