14" motoro with koi?

hawilipino

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2010
BROWNSViLLE
can i house a 14" motoro with some koi?...most of them are between 4-5"..and i have one 9"..and two 7"...or will they stress him out?

hawilipino

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2010
BROWNSViLLE
no..the koi are able to stand low temp water...i have them in 80 degrees right now and they're perfectly fine..other than that..does anyone think they koi will stress the motoro out?.

wheresalbany

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 7, 2006
Keene, NH
I would say it's not a good idea since both koi and rays are huge waste producers. It could be very taxing on your filtration.

FishDog

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2008
B.G. KY
If your filtration is big enough then it should be okay. The ray might try to eat the koi but then again he might not. I had thought about putting some nice koi with rays one day.

MeAko

Candiru
MFK Member
Dec 8, 2006
Manila, Phillipines
Pwede yan! <--That's possible/doable! If you kois are used to floating pellets, then chances are they will be more mid level swimming and surface searching for food. But if they're used to sinking pellets, they might pester the ray.

Forget about the temp difference, Kois in the Philippines not just survive but THRIVE in our 27 degree Celsius waters. Generations upon generations of Kois have learned to love our tropical water temp. They have said sayonara to cold water.

But just in case you are thinking of disposing of your ray, please consider disposing it to me.

;)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store