Diet help.

DiscusManiac11

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 14, 2009
PA
Well I bought 2 more small IT's last weekend and a 3inch NTT. I had 3 small ITs in my tank before that. Now that have 6 in my tank, none of my small ITs are eating. Including the 3 I had before which were eating pellets. I bought ghost shrimp yesterday, and tossed it in the tank to entice them to eat, and they did. My NTT does eat a little bit of MP, but thats the only one. My question is how can I get all of them to eat MP(Market Prawn)? After I get them on MP I will transition to sinking carnivore.

DiscusManiac11

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 14, 2009
PA
Anybody? Please help.

keonigt

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 15, 2010
Hawaii
im in the same situation and i need to know how also.

dragonfish18

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 23, 2009
Dat Land
does the ntt seem to scare them away from the food?

try blood worms they are hard for little dats to resist..

DiscusManiac11

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 14, 2009
PA
dragonfish18;4010797; said:
does the ntt seem to scare them away from the food?

try blood worms they are hard for little dats to resist..

He doesn't really scare them away at all. The ITs dont really eat the BW. I just dont know where to go from here.

vaine111

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2009
Metro-Detroit
Just have to keep trying it. Like I suggested in another thread try waiting 36 hours from the last time you fed them to what you want them to eat.

BushFishRox

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 7, 2007
Mississauga, Ont Canada
vaine111;4010984; said:
Just have to keep trying it. Like I suggested in another thread try waiting 36 hours from the last time you fed them to what you want them to eat.
yeah, dats are picky eaters... try to feed them if they dont take it wait 2-3 days try again and just repeat till everyone is eating. And once one starts to recognize that pellets are food the rest will pick it up.

I used that method and an all my fish are now on pellets not just my dats, my Gar starved him self for like 2 months before he ate.

Ade

Piranha
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2008
London
DiscusManiac11;4009756; said:
Well I bought 2 more small IT's last weekend and a 3inch NTT. I had 3 small ITs in my tank before that. Now that have 6 in my tank, none of my small ITs are eating. Including the 3 I had before which were eating pellets. I bought ghost shrimp yesterday, and tossed it in the tank to entice them to eat, and they did. My NTT does eat a little bit of MP, but thats the only one. My question is how can I get all of them to eat MP(Market Prawn)? After I get them on MP I will transition to sinking carnivore.
It may take several weeks before there all converted. Time and patience. Just don't expect things to happen overnight.

DiscusManiac11

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 14, 2009
PA
Ade;4011713; said:
It may take several weeks before there all converted. Time and patience. Just don't expect things to happen overnight.

Thanks Ade. I really need to keep that in mind. Time and patience is the key haha.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store