dats & clowns help

akshay2222

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 9, 2009
durg
currently i have a AT datnoid(3 inches) and 4 clown loaches(2 inches each):)

as we all know growth rate of clown is very very less as compared to dats and other fishes:irked:.

so my ques. is after some months or a year when my dat become 5+ inches or more will it try to eat my clowns :eek: :WHOA:

vaine111

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2009
Metro-Detroit
It's a good possibility. I'm sure if you grabbed some clowns that were just a little bit bigger you can make it a slim chance.

Sugo

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2009
Indonesia
I believe no and i think both are very slow growing up rate and dun forget the growth spurt of the clown loach. i think its quite safe to put them two tghtr just give hiding places for the clown loaches. anybody correct me if im wrong.

akshay2222;4010866; said:
currently i have a AT datnoid(3 inches) and 4 clown loaches(2 inches each):)

as we all know growth rate of clown is very very less as compared to dats and other fishes:irked:.

so my ques. is after some months or a year when my dat become 5+ inches or more will it try to eat my clowns :eek: :WHOA:

akshay2222

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 9, 2009
durg
one of my internet friend told me that the dats get familier with the other fishes in the aqua. or they develop some kind of nuclear relationship with its tank mates is it so or not.

if yes than i my case also my dat will develop relation ship with the clowns and will not eat them in future.

please comment if i was wrong

thanks

BushFishRox

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 7, 2007
Mississauga, Ont Canada
I would say it is true. I have a 7"+ dat that I have had for years since it was around 3"s and it is in a tank with a at most 4" good nugget pleco and a 3" Leopard Frog pleco and both are fine.

As long as you keep him fed you should be fine, I only feed once a day and sometimes I skip a day... if I am busy and forget.

spwd

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 20, 2008
leicester,england
Id say tou would be ok but if you could get slightly bigger ones as suggested they will be fine.

Steve

dragonfish18

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 23, 2009
Dat Land
i agree with keeping them fed.
i have a fh that can easily demolish many of my other fish, the day i was out and unable to feed, it went on a rampage but was fine after i feed them again

beachman22

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 1, 2007
Brooklyn
be careful... i had 4 dats, 1 of them was very aggressive and 6 cl in my 120 gallon. The aggressive dat tried to swallow one of the loaches one day and got the sub-ocular spine right through his jaw. It permanently damaged the dats mouth and obviously the loach died soon after. I never had problems with the other dats but if you have aggressive dats I would be very careful mixing them with cl's.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store