Stingray Help

mad_elf

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2010
fife
hi guys,i am a new member,i just recently bought a stingray,bout 6 months old,ave had it for about 2 days now and it doesnt seem to be feedin,is this normal when they first arrive or not? my ray is a laticeps and is about 6 months old

MadRussian79

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
Where my fish swim
First few days they won't. Can you give us the dimensions of the tank, how long has the tank been set up? Also get a basic freshwater test kit, Ammonia, Nitrite, Nitrate, pH.

Citrinellus

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 16, 2008
What have you tried feeding it so far?

mad_elf

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2010
fife
thanks guys for the quick respone,the tank is 3ft x 1ft x 1.5 ft,the tanks been set up for about 2 months,ive had a royal plec in it,a took the plec out just b4 i got the ray,ave been trying to feed it on frozen blood worm

hbluehunter

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 20, 2007
Lynnwood, Wa.
Like said above they usually won't eat for awhile when newly added to a tank.. Try earthworms, mine have never refused them.. Just keep trying and if it doesn't eat make sure to take out the un-eaten food.. Plus i hope you have a bigger tank, that's a super small tank for a ray..

mad_elf

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2010
fife
hbluehunter thanks for the reply,i will try earth worms n let u know,yeah a plan on gettin a bigger tank for it,its looks tiny in the tank just now lol

Conner

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 27, 2008
Kentucky
Would love to see some pics of the ray.

Try (cut up) earthworms or troutworms if it doesn't start taking the bloodworms in a few more days.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store