Amatitlania nigrofasciatus "Rio Choluteca" pair

dogofwar

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 3, 2006
Maryland
www.capitalcichlids.org
These are F2 offspring from a pair of the Rio Choluteca cons I got from Ken Davis.

The female has some great red color (that she loses when they breed) and the male has a long tail extension but only on the top of his caudal fin.

Sorry for the bad pictures!

Matt

IMG_1172.JPG

IMG_1173.JPG

IMG_1175.JPG

IMG_1177.JPG

dogofwar

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 3, 2006
Maryland
www.capitalcichlids.org
her color even shines through the dirty glass.

Ken said that others on the collecting trip gave him grief for bringing back "convicts"... until they saw the pretty females that this particular variant has.

I have a hard time getting good pics of my siquia "Rio Claro" (bottom tank with no light) but they're also pretty...

Matt

cchhcc;4015615; said:
Dayum! That's a great looking girl!

jgentry

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Aug 22, 2008
Gallatin, TN
dogofwar;4015706; said:
her color even shines through the dirty glass.

Ken said that others on the collecting trip gave him grief for bringing back "convicts"... until they saw the pretty females that this particular variant has.

I have a hard time getting good pics of my siquia "Rio Claro" (bottom tank with no light) but they're also pretty...

Matt
Great pair Matt!!! Awesome female and a big chuncky male.

Grief for bringing back those fish:headshake. To many con haters in the world. If I ever go collecting in CA the crypto's are going to be one of the main things I would want.

Are those the ones he was listing as the orange finned cons?

fishluvr12

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 10, 2007
TN
Great looking cons! These are very underated fish.Many people don't keep them because they are "too common or not colorful enough" but they more than make up for it with personality and fearlessness!

rrcoolj

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 5, 2008
DMV
Love seeing cons from different regions!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store