Mixing Datnioides

emartin

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 12, 2009
Jersey Shore
Do you think that a single Datnioides polota can get along with a single Datnioides undecimradiatus and maybe a Datnioides microlepis as well in a 7ft 265g tank with Malawi Haplochromines?

So far the Datnioides polota (about 4-4.5") fits right in there and is actually one of the more aggressive fish in there.. He still won't accept pellets and when he gets hungry he nips the scales off the haps as a food source which is pissing me off because starving him to make him eat pellets isn't working LOL (I am going to blend up shrimp and krill into a slurry tomorrow and soak my 3mm pellets in it to try and trick the datnioide to eat it, otherwise I am going to try massivore or something else to get him to eat pellets).

I do NOT have a D. undecimradiatus but a guy I know has some at 4-5" so one would fit perfectly in the 265g and not get bothered (except initially).

So can those two Datnioides species be mixed together and could a D. microlepis possibly be added eventually to that mix in a 265g with large Malawi Haplochromines (6-15" (NONE are 15" yet but eventually some of the males will reach that size)).

~Ed

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store