Aggession Question

BigJ

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 12, 2008
Ohio
I have to Motoros male and female. And they are chewing the heck out of my Aussie Lung. Lung is about 20'' and the ray's are 10'' disc (ballpark) There marbles if that matters. I guess i never guessed they'd be aggressive with all the community tanks i've seen. Could them wanting to breed be causing aggression?

BigJ

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 12, 2008
Ohio
I'm new to this stingray section. Its pretty weak huh? O'well...

vamptrev

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 23, 2007
Chesterfield MI
i would guess that they r hungry and bored.

how much do u feed?

also try adding decor that they can move around to keep them occupied.

FishDog

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2008
B.G. KY
Bigger rays like to chew when bored. My new female jag tore up a styrafoam block I had a pump sitting on.

BigJ

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 12, 2008
Ohio
Is there anything that stops them from being "bored"?

If they bite my Tig i'll have to throw them on the basement floor. My luck with fish aggression is becoming most taxing. lol

skynoch

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2007
edmonton alberta canada
Hunger, boredom or curiousity. You may need to feed your rays more, do you have pics of your ray? With boredom you can try adding in some rocks or re-arranging the ones you have. And the curiousity thing will just happen when they want to see what is under your lung and it's not moving so they give it a little nibble.

ShadowStryder

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2007
Nunya
Nice marbles J. Hunger and curiosity are the two biggest culprits I have seen. If I keep my rays fed at least twice a
day I never have any chewing. But when I fast for a day or two that is when I notice some minor bite marks.

Conner

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 27, 2008
Kentucky
You might try giving them something to check out every couple of days. I have my rays in a barebottom tank, and I recently added a small piece of driftwood along with several other fish. My two bigs rays probably spent 2 straight hours checking out the driftwood right after I put it in. They don't really seem to notice it much anymore, but then its been in the tank for several weeks now. Maybe if you change out a rock, or driftwood, or decoration or something once a week to give them something new to check out?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store